Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sweet and simple!



“It’s over before you know it, step back and take it all in” the words of wisdom spoken by a true friend hours before I took my vows. Should have taken her advice!

My wedding was amazing. I loved every minute of April 10, 2010. I will say, the weather was making me turn into a slight Bridezilla but I took matters into my own hands and kept myself busy. Hours before I said, “I do”, I was folding napkins, alphabetizing place cards and placing overlays on tables. I was so busy I never even realized the sheets of rain were only minutes away! Well the Gods were with me, or shall I say my father.  For as windy and threatening as the sky looked, it never rained a drop and the wind provided free air conditioning throughout the evening!

It was over in a flash.  The next thing I knew I was in a vintage Rolls Royce throwing back my Diva Donuts covered in powdered sugar and on my way to The Breakers.  I woke up Sunday morning, rubbed my eyes, looked out at the roaring ocean and realized, it was over.  The eleven months of planning and it was over.  

So, my thoughts were, LET'S DO IT AGAIN!  I am on my 129th day dreaming about what I would do differently if I had the chance.  I always dreamed of getting married barefoot on the beach to my Prince Charming.  Been there, done that.


If I could do it again it would be small and simple. Picnic tables affixed perfectly in the lawn, guests seated elbow to elbow. Rustic burlap runners with low square vases packed to the gills with blue and white hydrangeas. Paper lanterns hanging throughout hundred year old seagrape trees. To eat...lobster rolls on a perfectly toasted potato bun, crisp shoestring french fries and of course, vanilla rum cake from Edda's Cake Designs in Miami. Simple but classic.
Jennifer Davis Photography via Style Me Pretty





The Oyster House lobster roll

I will continue to dream...or just have an elaborate dinner party!

xo
BGK





No comments:

Post a Comment