Monday, August 16, 2010

Sisterly Love

I just returned from Iselsboro, Maine after the most perfect vacation with my sister and her family.  My nephew, now five, and neice, to whom we refer to as "the house bitch", now three, gave me a run for my money.  Early to rise every morning around 7am, My nephew's first words were, "... boat...boat...boat...boat...boat".  Needless to say, he knows every boat on the island, who owns it, the proper name and whether or not it is faster or slower than Dark 'N' Stormy, my sister and brother-in-laws new Hunt.  Although, he informed me several times that DNS was HIS boat.  The, "house bitch" wasn't short on words either... "Lindsay Lohan is going to jail...she made bad choices" were some of the first words uttered as I spit out my lemonade in complete laughter.  After several days of her telling me I wasn't her friend, she finally warmed up to her favorite Aunt Beezie and, from there, her typical conversation revolved around princess tea parties or which dress she would be wearing to the next island soiree.   


My sister and I bonded over wine, doubles tennis and of course, decorating!  Ramey is an incredibly talented designer in Denver, Colorado (Griffin Design Source) and recently had an amazing spread of her Iselsboro home featured in Coastal Living.  Her Maine cottage is decorated to a t with Sister Parish fabrics and wallpapers.  Sister Parish Design, resurrected by her granddaughter, Susan Crater, a long time resident of Iselsboro, exudes the best in design, focusing on color and bold designs.  I fell in love with several new designs in their current collection...my favorite being Chou-Chou and Dolly.  Can't wait to move so I can go "Sister" crazy!


With Love,
BGK

1 comment:

  1. Great blog, my dear! Ramey's home is lovely and Eliza sounds like a hoot. I wonder where she gets that over-the-top personality? Could it be that dazzling is a Griffin trait?
    So glad to have found your blog and I can't wait to read more..

    ReplyDelete